RESULTS.   We have successfully recovered more than $100,000,000.

Answers To Common Legal Questions

At Penn & Seaborn, we understand that after sustaining a personal injury you probably have a lot of questions. Our attorneys are here to help you navigate the legal system no matter what type of personal injury case is plaguing you. Our aggressive representation and legal expertise combines to ensure each one of our clients that they are getting the kind of care they need while going through a personal injury claim.


How Much Does It Cost To Have Penn & Seaborn Handle My Accident Case? 

There is no cost to have Penn & Seaborn handle your accident case. We only get paid if we obtain a recovery on your behalf. The initial consultation is always free.

How Do I Obtain My Crash Report?

You can purchase Alabama crash reports from the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency’s website. However, Penn & Seaborn will get you copy of your crash report at no cost to you.

What Should I Do After An Automobile Accident?

First, call 911 and report the accident and any injuries. If able, assist yourself, the other driver and any passengers. Make sure you get the contact information for the other driver, passengers, and any witnesses. Law enforcement normally provides the other driver’s contact and insurance information. If able, take pictures or have someone else take pictures of the accident scene, the vehicles and the surroundings.

I Was Injured At A Business, What Do I Do?

Businesses have a duty to look for, remove, and warn of hazards to their customers. That means businesses must keep their locations safe from wet floors, tripping hazards, falling objects, and spilt substances. If you are a customer injured at a business, you need to report your injury to the business as soon as possible. You also need to contact an attorney who can put the business on notice to locate and preserve any video footage, work schedules, cleaning schedules, and incident reports.

What Information Will Penn & Seaborn Need Before Taking My Case?

The more information the better. The more information we have the faster we can get started working on your case. We normally will need your health insurance information, a copy of your driver’s license, a crash report (if you have it), any photographs of the vehicles, scene, and injuries, and the contact information for any witnesses.

What If The Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?

You need to review your insurance policy and declarations page to see if you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage is insurance in case the at-fault party doesn’t have insurance or enough insurance coverage to compensate you for your injuries. The attorneys at Penn & Seaborn can help you review your insurance policies to make sure you receive all the coverage you are entitled.

What If The Other Driver Was Intoxicated? 

In addition to pursuing a claim against the intoxicated at fault driver, Penn & Seaborn will investigate to see if the driver was over served at bar and restaurant. Bars and restaurants can be responsible if they over serve their customer and the customer causes an accident.

How Long After An Accident Do I Have To File A Lawsuit?

In Alabama, most of the time it is two years after an accident. But to protect your rights it is important to contact an attorney as soon as possible to advise you of the statute of limitations. The attorneys at Penn & Seaborn can advise you as to the statute of limitations.

Will My Case Go To Trial?

Most cases settle before a jury trial. But to get the most compensation possible, it is important that your attorneys prepare your case for trial. The insurance companies need to know that you and your attorneys are ready to fight in the courtroom if a fair settlement is not reached. All of Penn & Seaborn’s attorneys are trial attorneys ready to fight for you in the courtroom.

Where Will My Case Be Filed?

Normally, the case can be filed in the county the accident occurred in or the county the defendant resides in. Where to file a case is an important decision that can significantly affect the value of your case. The attorneys at Penn & Seaborn can advise you on the best location to file to get the most money for your injuries.

How Is An Eighteen-wheeler Case Different Than Other Motor Vehicle Accidents?

Eighteen wheelers are heavier and larger, and the injuries are often more severe. Commercial drivers have federal requirements regarding drug testing, driver qualification, hours of service, record keeping, and vehicle inspections. These federal regulations are important in holding trucking companies and their drivers accountable. The attorneys at Penn & Seaborn are experienced truck accident lawyers knowledgeable with all trucking regulations.

Should I Talk To The Insurance Company About My Injuries?

To protect your rights, it is best to talk to an attorney first before talking to the insurance company. The attorneys at Penn & Seaborn are available to advise you before speaking to the insurance company.

My Family Member Was Killed In An Accident, Who Can Bring The Claim?

In Alabama, a wrongful death is brought by the administrator of the deceased’s estate. An estate will have to opened and an administrator appointed. The wrongful death recovery passes outside of the estate to the deceased’s family members. Penn & Seaborn will help with opening the estate and how the recovery will be divided.

How Much Is My Case Worth?

This is on a case-by-case basis and no attorney can guarantee a recovery. But your cases value will be affected by the severity of the injuries, their permanency, lost wages, and the medical bills.

What Happens If My Child Is Injured?

Children are entitled to recovery for their injuries, medical bills, physical pain, and mental anguish just like adults. In Alabama, the settlement will have to be approved by the Court and the recovery will be held in trust for the child’s benefit until the child turns nineteen (19) years old.

It Was A Single Vehicle Accident, Should I Still Talk To An Attorney?

If someone is severely injured or killed in a single vehicle accident, you still need to talk to an attorney. The injury or death may have been due to faulty safety equipment or a defective product.  Automobile manufactures have a duty to make sure their products are crashworthy and there are thousands of automobile recalls for defective equipment. Even if it is a single vehicle accident, an attorney needs to be consulted to investigate any defective product claim.